This is a seasonal position and will end on December 31, 2018
Reports to: Customer Service Lead and Customer Service, or Store Manager
Work Schedule: Variety of hours including mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends
Applicants Must Be
- At least 16 years of age
- Available approximately 25-30 hours per week with the possibility of additional hours as needed
- Available to work evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers in the check-out process, including ringing up sales on the cash register, bagging items, requesting price checks, collecting payment, and returning appropriate change. During this process, cashiers are responsible for providing exceptional customer service by asking the customer about their shopping experience and answering any questions the customer may have. Other responsibilities include counting the money in the drawer to ensure correct amounts, making sure there is adequate amounts of change in the drawer, and displaying a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Greet and interact with customers as they are at your register
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving any complaints
- Scan all of the customers items while checking for price discrepancies, missing barcodes, and possible damages
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, etc. using the cash register
- Issue receipts and change due to customers
- Bag or package purchases for customers
- Count money in drawer at the end of the night to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change for the next day
- Call or page a specific department for barcodes or to inquire about an item when necessary
- Learn about new products and procedures throughout the store
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Personable, positive, and approachable
- Computer and math skills
- Able to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Punctual and dependable
- Maintain and project professionalism
- Open to learning new things/open-minded
- Lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel, and squat often
- Able to move around the store and/or remain stationary, up to 8 hours a day
- Repetitive movement of hands and arms
- Frequently communicate with customers, coworkers, etc.
Crafts Direct is an equal opportunity employer.
You can e-mail your completed application to email@example.com, or drop it off in-store.
The application is a fillable PDF and will need to be saved after you have filled it out.