TEAM LEADER: Paper Crafts Department
Our team leaders have a broad responsibility for the overall operation and performance of their department. The person in this position is responsible for building positive relationships with our customers and other team members, merchandising, department appearance, stocking, ordering, hiring, training, supervising team members, store operations, store opening and closing responsibilities. This position will involve some travel throughout the year to various trade shows, buying products, working with vendors and researching new products.
- A passion for and creative abilities in paper crafting and card making, and a general knowledge of other crafting supplies and applications.
- Driven to deliver superior customer service by exceeding customer expectations
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous experience in retail preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to succeed
- Presents a professional image in appearance, words and actions
- Maintain a high level of expertise on merchandise
- Process orders
- Understand advertising
- Uses good judgment in all situations
- Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written English and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to recognize problems and develop solutions
- Strong business math and computer skills
- Ability to stand during scheduled hours
- Reliable and dependable
- Kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, reaching, pulling/pushing/lifting between 5 and 30 pounds.
- Able to work quickly but efficiently, especially during peak sales periods to ensure all customers are being serviced properly and store operations are being completed in a timely manner.
- Operate the point of sale system and help in various areas of the store as needed
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings to meet the needs of the business.
Crafts Direct is an equal opportunity employer.
You can e-mail your completed application to email@example.com, or drop it off in-store.
The application is a fillable PDF and will need to be saved after you have filled it out.