10 Minute Table Runner
2 coordinating fabrics
- center fabric: 1/3 yd
- back/border fabric: 1/2 yd
1. Trim center fabric 12” wide by 40” long.
2. Trim back/border fabric 18” wide by 40” long.
3. Pin the center fabric to back fabric right sides together along the long edge. Sew together with a 1/4” seam allowance.
4. To sew the other long edge adjust long edges to match, keeping short ends even. Pin and stitch with a 1/4” seam allowance. you should have a long tube when finished.
5. Turn tube right side out and smooth out making border even on each side. Press seams away from center. (fig. 1)
6. Fold long edge to long edge with center fabric on outside. (fig. 2) Sew 1/4” seam (fig. 3) through all layers of each short end. Next tuck seam “inside right” and straighten table runner adjusting newly created pointed end. (fig. 4) Press.
7. Finish table runner with a decorative stitch or button to close ends.