Asymmetrical Gunmetal Necklace
• (2) “Darice” 6x9mm faceted glass beads, in Black (7in strand)
• (8) “Darice” 4mm Czech glass fire polished beads, in Gunmetal AB (7in strand)
• [12 (3 of each color)] “Darice” 4x6mm glass beads, in Black/Blue/Gold/ Silver Mix AB (7in strand)
• (Appx 28in) “Darice” Fancy round link chain, in Gunmetal (54in pack)
• (2) Gunmetal eyepins
• (9) Gunmetal headpins
• (1) Gunmetal clasp and split ring
• Needle nose or chain nose pliers
• Round nose pliers
• Wire cutter
1. Put a gunmetal Czech bead, a 6x9mm black bead, and another gunmetal bead onto an eyepin. Make a loop at the other end using the round nose pliers, and clip the extra with the wire cutter. Squeeze the chain nose pliers over the whole loop to make sure the end isn’t sticking out at all.
2. Cut a 5.5’’ piece of chain. Connect one end of the beaded eyepin onto the chain, by opening up either a chain link or the eyepin loop. Cut a 12’’ piece of chain, and connect it to the other side of the eyepin. Attach the clasp and split rings to each open end of the chain.
3. Cut a 2.5’’ piece of chain and connect it to the center of the full piece so far (the eyepin will be off-centered).
4. Slide four (one of each color) 4x6mm beads onto an eyepin. Make a loop at the other end. Connect one end of the eyepin to the hanging piece of chain. Slide a gunmetal Czech bead, a 6x9mm black bead, and another gunmetal bead onto a headpin. Make a loop on top, and connect that loop to the bottom loop of the eyepin.
5. With the remaining black and gold 4x6mm beads, slide each onto a headpin and make a loop on top. With the remaining blue and silver beads, slide a Czech gunmetal bead and the 4x6mm bead on top. Make a loop on top of each headpin.
6. Connect a silver bead from Step 5 onto the chain link next to the link where the center chain is hanging. Count eight links over and connect a gold bead, another eight links with a blue bead, and another eight links with the black bead. Repeat.
7. Cut an 8’’ piece of chain. Connect one end to the bottom loop of the eyepin from Step 1, and the other end to the same link that the second silver bead from Step 6 is on.