Autumn Block Set 6pc
Project Sheet: cd2965
UPC #: 420004019363
- Wood Block Set 6pc - SCH/368
- Acrylic Paint (Burnt Sienna) - FolkArt
Papers (one sheet each):
Echo Park: Celebrate Autumn
- Falling Leaves, 3x4 Cards, Autumn Floral
Carta Bella: Fall Break
- Pumpkin Trucks
- Echo Park: Celebrate Autumn
- Vinyl (Autumn) - Decorating Your Life
- Buttons (Tiny Raking Leaves) - Dress It Up
- Jute Twine - HMD/97
- Glossy Accents - Ranger
- Paper Trimmer
- Paint Brush
- Optional for Step 5- Paper Piercer/Needle
- Using a slightly wet brush, paint all the wood blocks Burnt Sienna, reapplying water and paint as needed until desired look is achieved. For our sample we used this method to create more of a stain, so you could see more of the wood grain.
- While blocks are drying cut papers to sizes as follows: Autumn Floral (Teal): letter A (4x5), letter M (4x3.5) - 3x4 Cards (Orange): letter U (2.75x4), letter N (4x4.5) - Pumpkin Trucks (Multi-Color): letter T (4x3.5) - Falling Leaves: letter U (4x5)
- Cut Autumn Vinyl apart so each letter is separate.
- Following instructions on vinyl packing, apply letters to the corresponding papers listed in step 2. See photo for reference
- Optional: Using Paper Piercer or needle, poke two holes across from each other on each side, on the left of the large U (on yellow paper). Thread some jute through the front of one hole coming up into the other hole, tying into a double knot, but not pulling so tight that you rip the paper. Unravel the ends, using one ply from each side, string on button and tie into knot on front of button. Trim ends and secure with a tiny bit of Glossy Accents. For easy threading you can apply a dab of Glossy Accents on the end of the jute and roll between your thumb and pointer finger.
- Layout your paper/vinyl letters on corresponding blocks. Then start adhering the paper/vinyl letters to each block using a thin line of Glossy Accents around the back edges, then apply to the block smoothing out any air bubbles and applying pressure around the edges of paper as you go.
- Wrap jute around the bottom of the letter A, pulling taught and tying into a double knot. Repeat on the right side of the letter N block.
- Embellish the A and N with leaf buttons, thread one ply of the jute through button holes if desired and adhere using a little bit of Glossy Accents. Let dry completely.