Basic Wood Burning
Project Sheet: cd1852
• Wood Burning Tool
• Wood Surface
• Transfer/Graphite Paper
• Pattern/Design To Transfer
• Stain/Varnish (Optional)
1. Print out or make a copy of the pattern/image you wish to wood burn.
2. Using a pencil and graphite paper, trace the pattern onto your wood surface.
3. Wood burn your wood surface by following the lines from the graphite paper. Start with outlining the pattern/image, and then shade after the outline is completed. Add the detailed burning last.
*TIP: Let your wood burning tool cool down completely before changing to a different point
4. Add a layer of stain/varnish to the top and sides of your wood surface to protect it.