Blue Splatter Necklace and Earrings
UPC #: 420004024817
- (3) “Darice” 14mm ceramic spheres, in White/Blue (7’’ strand)
- (6) “Sweet Beads: Tiny Spacers” 6mm Silver Lentils (50pc pack)
- (Appx 1/10th Tube) “Dazzle-It!” 6/0 e-beads, in White (24g tube)
- (Appx 1/10th Tube) “Dazzle-It!” 6/0 e-beads, in Opaque Turquoise (24g tube)
- (Appz 2/5th Tube ) “Dazzle-It!” 6/0 e-beads, in Aqua Mix (24g tube)
- (Appx 22’’) “Beadalon” .024’’ Bead Stringing Wire (30’ spool)
- (1) Silver clasp and split ring
- (2) #3 Silver crimp tubes
- (2) Silver earwires
- (2) Silver headpins
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutter
Necklace (approximately 18")
- Cut a 22’’ piece of stringing wire. Attach the clasp to the wire, using a crimp tube and the crimper tool. Leave about a 1/2 inch of wire for overlap, for the first couple beads to go over.
- Pour out the aqua mix e-beads, and add in some of the turquoise and white ones. Randomly string on about 6’’ worth of e-beads.
- Add a lentil bead, then string on five e-beads (in any color order), a large ceramic bead, and five more e-beads. Repeat two more times. End with about 6’’ of e-beads, until the necklace is symmetrical.
- Attach the split ring to the end with the second crimp tube. String the remaining wire through a few of the last beads before crimping. Trim the excess wire with the nipper.
- Slide a lentil bead and four e-beads onto a headpin.
- Using a round-nose pliers, bend the headpin at a 90 degree angle as close to the top bead as possible. Then, move the pliers down the headpin a tiny bit and bend it the other direction so it forms a "stair step." Bending the headpin backwards first helps center the loop around the beads, versus it being off to one side.
- Continue moving down the headpin and bending until you have a circle formed. When it is just about closed, trim the excess headpin with a wire cutter. Then grab the very end of the headpin with the pliers and close the loop.
- Open the loop on the earring form (using a round nose or flat nose pliers), attach the beaded headpin, and close the loop.