Candy Corn Banner
Project Sheet: cd1445
• 3 - Candy Corn MDF Cutouts
• Once sheet of each of these papers
-Doodlebug Friendly Forest: Forest Friends (yellow gingham)
-Doodlebug Friendly Forest: Little Leaves (orange dot)
-Bazzill- Salt (Dotted Swiss)
• Glossy Accents
• Keep Calm Eat Candy Vinyl – Decorating Your Life
• 36” Black Gingham ribbon - American Crafts
• Scissors/X-acto Knife
1. Cut three pieces from the following papers: Salt- 2.25”x3.5” Dots- 2.25”x5.5” Gingham- 2.25”x6”
2. Starting with a gingham strip adhere it to the bottom portion of the candy corn, using glossy accents, so the paper is flush against the bottom edge. It will over hang a bit on each side.
3. Adhere a piece of Salt paper to the top portion, using glossy accents. The paper should be flush with the top point and should over hang a bit on each side.
4. Using glossy accents, adhere a dot strip across the center of the candy corn overlapping the gingham and salt papers. Let dry.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 until all candy corns are covered.
6. Once dry, trim off extra paper on each candy corn using scissors or X-acto knife.
7. Sand around each candy corn and along the top and bottom of the dot paper, dust off.
8. Apply vinyl saying to one candy corn following instructions on package.
9. Line up the candy corns facedown with the vinyl one in the center and the other two upside down on each side of it. leaving a couple inches between each piece.
10. Adhere the ribbon to the back of the candy corns using glossy accents, and applying a line across all three pieces. Let dry.
11. Once dry, tie a loop at each end of the ribbon for hanging & trim off any extra ribbon.