Christmas Present Poinsettia
Project Sheet: cd1529
• Red Felt
• Lt. Green Felt
• Dk. Green Felt
• 3 mm gold beads
• Hot Glue sticks and gun
1. Cut 6 templates each of the three colors of felt. Place a small dab of hot glue on the end of the red pedal and pinch together.
2. Once all 6 red pedals are pinched at the base cut a 2” square of red felt. Use this as a base to build the flower. Glue the pedals together in a circle.
3. Cut a 2” square from green felt. Arrange the dark green felt leaves, with the bases overlapping in a tight circle. Glue.
4. Arrange the light green felt leaves on top of the dark green, with the bases overlapping in a tight circle, slightly tighter than the first layer. Glue.
5. Glue the red flower on top. Place a large spot of hot glue in the center of the flower, and drop tiny handful of gold beads onto it. Let it dry and then shake lose any of the gold beads that didn’t stick.
6. Your poinsettia is finished and can be used to decorate tables, candles, and even presents.