Count All the Waves Pedestal Shadowbox
Project Sheet: cd2895
UPC #: 420004018717
- Wood Pedestal Shadowbox - CAL/282
- Acrylic Paint (Titanium White) - FolkArt
- Count the Waves - Illustrated Faith
- Watercolor Beach - Ella & Viv
- Adhesive Foam Squares
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks
- Paint Brush
- Paper Trimmer
- Remove lid and panes of glass
- Dry brush Titanium White over the wood pedestal shadowbox and top, until desired coverage has been achieved. You should still be able to see some of the natural color of the wood. The track and the ledge on the lid should not be painted, to insure the lid will fit properly. *When dry brushing you will want to use very little paint on your brush and dab off excess, so your brush is practically dry, then lightly go over the wood surface.
- From Watercolor Beach paper, cut one piece the same size as the pane of glass.
- Insert the back glass pane into shadowbox, placing Watercolor Beach paper behind the pane, so it is seen through the glass.
- Crop photo and adhere on to the glass pane in shadowbox, using foam squares.
- Cut saying from Count the Waves paper. Adhere saying, except for the word SEA, to the glass pane around photo, using foam squares. See photo for reference.
- Insert the front pane of glass, adhere the word SEA cut from Count the Waves paper to the front of the shadowbox, using foam squares. See photo for reference.
- Pour sand into the bottom of the shadowbox and hot glue Starfish to the wood shadowbox.
- Optional- place a bead of hot glue along the bottom & corners of the shadowbox on the front and back to help prevent sand from seeping out.
- Replace lid, tying a jute bow around finial at the top.