Dark Rainbow Necklace & Earrings
• (7) “Darice” 6mm cube stones, in Blue (7’’ strand)
• (12) “Darice” 6x3.5mm faceted rondelles, in AB Black (7’’ strand)
• (Appx 1/5 tube) “Dazzle-It!” bugles, in Silver-Lined Peacock (24 gram tube)
• (12) “Toho” 6/0 e-beads, in Opaque Black (9 gram tube)
• (Appx 22’’) “Beadalon” .018’’ bead stringing wire (30 foot spool)
• (2) Silver crimp tubes
• (1) Silver clasp and split ring
• (2) Silver earwires
• (2) Silver headpins
• Wire cutter
• Round nose pliers
1. Cut a 22’’ piece of stringing wire. Attach the clasp to the wire, using a crimp tube and the crimper tool. Leave about a 1/2 inch of wire for overlap, for the first couple beads to go over.
2. String on about seven inches worth of bugles. Then, slide on an e-bead, a rondelle, a cube, a rondelle, an e-bead, and a bugle. Repeat four more times. String on other seven inches of bugles to make the necklace symmetrical.
3. Finish the necklace by attaching the split ring to the end with the second crimp tube. String the remaining wire through a few of the last beads before crimping. Trim the excess wire with the nipper.
1. Slide a cube, a rondelle, an e-bead, and a bugle onto a headpin.
2. Using a round-nose pliers, bend the headpin at a 90 degree angle as close to the top bead as possible. Then, move the pliers down the headpin a tiny bit and bend it the other direction so it forms a “stair step.” Bending the headpin backwards first helps center the loop around the beads, versus it being off to one side.
3. Continue moving down the headpin and bending until you have a loop. When it is just about closed, trim the excess with a wire cutter. Grab the very end of the headpin with the pliers and close the loop.
4. Open the loop on the earring form (using a round nose or flat nose pliers), attach the beaded headpin, and close the loop.