Dashing Through 8x8 Shadowbox
Project Sheet: cd2809
UPC #: 420004017130
- 8x8 Shadowbox (Black) - MCS/242
- Vinyl (Sm. Dashing Through the Snow) - Vinyl Words
- Paper (Christmas Joy: Peace Joy & Love) - Paper House
- Cedar/Spruce Spray - NWA/233
- Glitter .75oz (Crystal) - Darice
- Glossy Accents - Ranger
- Jute 3 ply
- Wire Cutters
- Paper Trimmer
- Cut an 8x8 piece from Peace Joy & Love paper.
- Cut the stems of the spray off using a wire cutter, trying to leave the spray connected as much as possible. The spray should fit into the shadowbox at a diagonal.
- Press down on the two pinecones in the spray to loosen them up, then place spray facedown in the shadowbox. The pinecones will be snug.
- Place 8x8 paper facedown in the shadowbox over the spray, then insert backing. Hold down backing while adjusting all the tabs to hold backing in.
- Apply vinyl to the front of the glass by making sure it is clean. Then using a scrapper or credit card rub over the top of the vinyl, remove backing and place vinyl (sticky side down) on top of the glass. Rub over the top of the vinyl, transferring it onto the glass. Peel up transfer tape slowly at a 45 degree angle, revealing vinyl saying.
- Apply Glossy Accents to the front of the frame, working with one side at a time and covering it completely. While Glossy Accents is still wet, and working over a larger sheet of paper, sprinkle glitter over the top and shake off excess. Pour excess glitter back into the tube. Repeat until all four sides are covered. Let dry.
- Using two strands of 3 ply Jute, tie a bow. Apply a little Glossy Accents here and there and sprinkle glitter over the top, shake off excess.
- Adhere to the bow to the glass using Glossy Accents. It should be placed in the corner covering the spray where the stems meet. Let dry.