Elephant Embroidery Hoop
Project Sheet: cd1249
• 9” wooden embroidery hoop
• ¼ yd. fabric for elephant
• 1/8 yd. fabric for elephant’s ear
• ¼ yd. heat and bond
• 2/3 yd. fabric for background
• White DMC Floss
1. Cut the background fabric piece down to 12x12 to make it simpler to work with.
2. Apply a 10” x 6” piece of heat and bond to the wrong side of the fabric for the elephant’s body. Trace the elephant template onto this piece and cut out.
3. Apply a 3.5” x 3.5” piece of heat and bond to the wrong side of the fabric for the elephant’s ear. Trace the ear template onto this piece and cut out.
4. Place elephant onto the background fabric and iron on.
5. Place the elephant ear onto the elephant and iron on.
6. Secure the elephant and ear to the background fabric with a regular stitch or blanket stitch.
7. Embroider personal touches (such as baby’s name, date of birth, weight and length) onto the fabric. (Make sure that it will be visible once placed in the embroidery hoop.)
8. Add details such as a button above the elephant trunk.
9. Place in embroidery hoop and trim excess fabric off the back.