Family Rustic Pallet
Project Sheet: cd2912
UPC #: 420004018878
- Rustic Pallet - PAC/43
- Paper (Vintage Blessing 3x4 Journaling Card) - Simple Stories
- Vinyl (Family Where Life Begins) - Vinyl Words
- Mod Podge (Matte) - Plaid
- Chalk Paint (Sheepskin) - FolkArt
- Small Clothespins - HMD/78
- Paint Brush
- Craft Knife
- With hangers at the top on backside and slats going horizontal, apply a thick Mod Podge to the top two slats, let dry completely. This will help the vinyl stick to the rough wood surface.
- Cut vinyl apart so the word FAMILY is separate from the rest of the saying. Following instructions on vinyl packaging apply the word FAMILY to the top center of the pallet, see photo for reference.
- Apply a coat of Sheepskin Chalk Paint over the top of the vinyl cover the top two slats, also paint the second to last slat and let dry. Apply a second coat if needed.
- Paint clothespins using the Sheepskin Chalk Paint, let dry.
- Lightly sand the painted slats, then remove the vinyl word FAMILY from pallet, using a craft knife if needed.
- Dust off painted slats and apply the rest of the vinyl saying below the word FAMILY.
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge over the top of the vinyl saying to help secure it to the rustic pallet. Let dry.
- Adhere clothespins to the pallet using Mod Podge as the adhesive. Let dry.
- Insert photos and journaling cards and display.