Felt Flower Emroidery Hoop
Project Sheet: cd1253
• ¼ yd. felt for flowers
• 3/8 yd. felt for background
• 12” wood embroidery hoop
Note: This project used 2 large, 6 medium, 4 small and 1 extra small flowers.
1. Trace around the outer edge of the embroidery hoop on the background piece of felt.
2. Cut about an inch away from the pencil mark.
3. Place the piece you just cut into the embroidery hoop. Trim excess fabric from the back of the hoop.
4. Using the petal templates, cut out petals. Each flower will have 5 petals.
5. To stitch the flowers together, come up with the needles from the left corner of the petal and down through the right corner of the petal. Do this to connect all five petals.
6. Pull the thread tight and the flower will come together. Knot the thread.
7. Continue to make the desired amount of flowers, then stitch onto the background piece.
-Increase Petal Pattern Size by 100%