Front Clasp Dangle Necklace
Project Sheet: cd1136
• “Beader’s Paradise” beadlettes in (1) Jet Black, (2) Crystal, and (3) Black Diamond
*Approximately 35 will be used of each color
• (4) pieces from “Cousin: Jewelry Basics” 50 gram Hues and Shapes mixed pack in Black
• (1) charm from “Cousin: Jewelry Basics” 12 piece gunmetal crystal drop charm set
• (1) charm from “Cousin: Jewelry Basics” 9 piece Heart/Square/Star charm set
• (2) “Cousin: Jewelry Basics” 6mm metal bead caps (from a 42 piece pack)
• 18-22’’ of “Cousin: Jewelry Basics” 100 inch chain in Black, or desired length
• (1) “Darice: Jewelry Designer” 1 inch silver lined bugle bead
• (3) Silver lined e-beads (any brand)
• 18-22’’ of Silver 7-strand beading wire (any brand), or desired length
• “Cousin: Jewelry Basics” 2-strand large toggle clasp in Silver
• (3) Headpins
• (1) Larger jump ring
• (2) Split rings
• (2) crimp tubes
• Round nose pliers
• Wire cutter
• Crimper tool
1. Measure about an inch of chain and add a charm to the bottom (from the Heart/Square/Star set), by opening up a loop from the chain with a round-nose pliers.
2. String the top of the chain onto a jump ring. Add a gunmetal crystal charm onto the jump ring on top of the chain. Close the jump ring onto the round part of the toggle clasp.
3. String beads from the rest of the packs onto three or four more headpins. Make them of varying lengths. For this exact sample, put onto a headpin:
*a bead cap, diamond shaped bead from the multi pack, bead cap.
*a small black sphere from the multi pack, and a 1’’ bugle.
*a silver e-bead, black oval, e-bead, small matte cute, and e-bead.
4. Make a loop on the top of each headpin using a round-nose pliers, and put them around the circle portion of the toggle clasp before closing the loop. Trim any excess wire with the wire cutters.
5. Slide a split ring onto one of the loops of each side of the toggle clasp (the loop and the bar).
*It will be easier to add the chain to the split ring vs the thicker toggle itself.
6. Measure desired length of black chain (18’’-22’’) and attach it to each of those split rings.
7. Using the 7-strand beading wire, string on the jet black, crystal, and black diamond beadlettes in a repeating pattern. Make this strand the same length as the chain. Secure the beaded wire to both ends (circle and bar) of the other loop on the toggle, using a crimp tube and crimper tool. Trim the excess wire.