Galaxy Necklace and Earrings
UPC #: 420004024626
- (1) “Darice” Ceramic rectangle in Black/Pink (7’’ strand)
- (2) Pink crystal rondelles from the previous strand
- (8) “Venezia” 4x6 rondelle crystals, in Black (7’’ strand)
- (4) “Darice” Hematite stars (22pc pack)
- (26) “Darice” 4mm glass pearls, in Purple (12’’ strand)
- (Appx ¼ tube) “Dazzle-Its!” beadlettes, in Blue Iris (24 gram tube)
- (Appx 22’’) “Beadalon” .024’’ Bead Stringing Wire (30’ spool)
- (1) Gunmetal clasp and split ring
- (2) Gunmetal crimp tubes
- (2) Gunmetal earwires
- (2) Gunmetal headpins
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutter
Necklace (Approx. 18")
- Cut a 22’’ piece of stringing wire. Attach the clasp to the wire, using a crimp tube and the crimper tool. Leave about a 1/2 inch of wire for overlap, for the first couple beads to go over.
- String on five beadlettes, a purple pearl, a black rondelle, a pearl, five beadlettes, a pearl, a hematite star, and a pearl. Repeat. String on five more beadlettes, a pearl, a rondelle, a pearl, five beadlettes, a pearl, and the pink rondelle.
- String on the large ceramic rectangle bead. Mirror the necklace so that it is symmetrical.
- Attach the split ring to the end with the second crimp tube. String the remaining wire through a few of the last beads before crimping. Trim the excess wire with the nipper.
- Slide a pearl, a black rondelle, and a pearl onto a headpin.
- Using a round-nose pliers, bend the headpin at a 90 degree angle as close to the top bead as possible. Then, move the pliers down the headpin a tiny bit and bend it the other direction so it forms a "stair step." Bending the headpin backwards first helps center the loop around the beads, versus it being off to one side.
- Continue moving down the headpin and bending until you have a circle formed. When it is just about closed, trim the excess headpin with a wire cutter. Then grab the very end of the headpin with the pliers and close the loop.
- Open the loop on the earring form (using a round nose or flat nose pliers), attach the beaded headpin, and close the loop.