Give Thanks Plaque
Project Sheet: cd2976
UPC #: 420004019479
- Rectangle Wall Plaque (Black)- PAC/27
- Stencil (Give Thanks) - Crafter's Workshop
- Chalk Paint (Sheepskin)- FolkArt
- Barnyard Red - FolkArt
- Bittersweet Chocolate - Americana
- Chipboard Oak Leaves - Petersen Arne
- Coffee Dot - Bo Bunny
- Fall is Fun (Burlap Print)- Echo Park
- Autumn Acorns (Plaid Print) - Echo Park
- Jute - Darice
- Mod Podge (Matte) - Plaid
- Foam Adhesive (optional)
- Small Hole Punch
- Craft Knife
- Bristle Brush 1"
- Foam Stencil Brush
- Sand Paper
- Masking or Painter's Tape
- Paint the entire wall plaque using Sheepskin Chalk Paint and a bristle brush. Let dry.
- Sand the entire surface of the plaque.
- Cut down Autumn Acorns (plaid) paper to 11" x 3.25". Use Mod Podge to adhere paper on left side of the plaque, wrapping it down the sides as well. See photo for reference. Smooth out any air bubbles.
- Tape down stencil onto the plaque, to the right of the paper strip, using masking/painter's tape.
- Using a foam stencil brush and very little paint, apply Barnyard Red paint over the "give" in the stencil. Do the same using the Bittersweet Chocolate paint over the "thanks". Apply a second layer of paint over both words if needed.
- Once dry, lightly sand over the stenciled words.
- Use Mod Podge to adhere patterned papers onto the oak leaves, smoothing out air bubbles. Use a craft knife to cut around all the curves and edges, and sand paper to smooth the edges. Lightly apply Bittersweet Chocolate paint to the edges of the leaves. Punch a small hole near the stems of both leaves.
- Wrap twine around the patterned paper on the plaque three times. Tie the leaves onto the jute, and then tie jute into a bow. Secure the leaves in place with foam adhesive if desired.