Gold & Silver Coasters
Project Sheet: cd1692
• White Coasters w/ Black Case
• Snowflake Wood Veneer Ornaments
• Folk Art 14K Gold Paint
• Folk Art Silver Sterling Paint
• Teresa Collins: Tinsel & Comp.
• Dots 12x12 paper
• Stars 12x12 paper
• Words 12x12 paper
• Ultra Seal
• Masking Tape
• Embossing Gun
• Black Felt
1. Paint the wood snowflakes gold and silver and allow to dry.
2. Cut 2 pieces of the gold paper to fit the coasters and 2 pieces of the gray chevron paper to fit the other 2 coasters.
3. Cut a strip of gold paper the width of the coaster and approx. 1” tall.
4. Cut a strip of the words paper the width of the coaster and approx. 2” tall.
5. Use masking tape along each edge of the bottom of the coaster. Trim off any tape visible from the front side.
6. Use Ultra Seal to adhere the gold paper to the coasters. Let dry.
7. Use Ultra Seal to adhere the gray chevron paper to the coasters. Put a thin coat of Ultra Seal over the gray chevron paper and lay the strip of gold paper in the center of the coaster.
8. Rip the long edge of the both pieces of word paper. Apply a thin coat of Ultra Seal over the entire gray/gold coaster and now add the words paper to the bottom, so it meets up with the gold paper.
9. Apply a thick coat of Ultra Seal on top of each of the coasters. Allow to dry. Repeat this 2 more times so that each coaster has at least 3 nice thick coats of Ultra Seal. On the third coat of Ultra Seal, push the wood snowflakes into the glue and allow to dry.
10. Once all the Ultra Seal has been applied, apply the Envirotex according to the directions on the box.
11. After pouring, use and embossing gun on the Envirotex to remove any bubbles in the epoxy. Let dry approx. 18 hours or more before removing the masking tape.
12. Use Ultra Seal all over the bottom of the coaster. Press the coaster with Ultra Seal on it firmly onto a piece of white felt. Allow to FULLY dry. Cut the felt from around the coaster.