Grandma's Angel Towel
Project Sheet: cd1656
• Flour Sack Towel (washed prior to craft if possible)
• Metallic Fabric Paint or Use metallic acrylic paint (Folkart: Taupe) & Textile Medium
• Foam Brush
• Smaller round brush
• Parchment paper
• Black Fabric Marker
1. Place towel upside down(seams at top) in front of child on floor with parchment paper behind the towel where foot & hands will be placed.
2. Brush bottom of child’s foot with metallic fabric paint. If using acrylic paint color & textile medium mix together 1:1 and then apply to bottom of child’s foot with foam brush.
3. Have child step down on towel with all their weight and lift towel straight up, and wash off foot. The toes should be facing the bottom of the towel.
4. Paint each of the child’s hands and stamp it them on each side of the foot.
5. Paint circle above heel of foot on towel for head and oval above it for halo, using smaller paint brush. Let dry.
6. Repeat above steps on same towel if have multiple children.
7. Using black fabric marker write “Grandma’s Angel/Angels” then name, age & year below each angel.
8. Heat set paint & marker with iron or place in Dryer.
9. Give as a gift or keep for yourself.