Hanging Kitchen Towel
• 1 Fat Quarter
• 1 tea towel (makes 2)
• scrap of thin batting or flannel
• button (optional)
1. Cut your towel in half so that there are two pieces.
2. Pleat, fold, or gather the raw edge so that it measures 6-1/4” across. Stitch pleats, folds or gathers in place.
3. Using the template provided cut two pieces of fabric and one from batting or flannel.
4. Lay fabric pieces right sides together and then lay batting or flannel on top of the fabric, pin in place.
5. Starting at point A, stitch amount the handle using a 1/4” seam allowance, to point B. Clip corners and turn right side out and press. Turn under a 1” hem along the open bottom end and press.
6. Insert the pleated/folded/gathered raw edge of the towel into the open end of the handle so that it lays a full inch inside. Sew at least two rows of stitches to hold in place. Top stitch around handle 1/8” - 1/4” away from edge.
7. Mark the spot (point C) and sew the top of the snap on the wrong side. Sew the opposite side of the snap to the wide part of the handle (low or high depending on the diameter of your oven handle.)
8. Optional embellishment: add strip of fabric to the bottom of the towel. Add a decorative button over the snap.