Home is Where Sign
Project Sheet: cd2933
UPC #: 420004019042
- Mixed Media Wood Sign 12x12 - Jillibean
- Wall Decal (Home is Where) - DCWV
- Acrylic Paint (Parchment) - FolkArt
- Jute Twine - HMD/97
- Oregonia Pick - Regency
- Paint Brush / Stencil Brush (Bristle works best)
- Craft Knife
- Choose which look you want to create, using the saying as a mask or using it as a stencil. The mask, negative stencil, will be the one that is mostly Parchment in color with the words showing through as the wood grain. The stenciled option, positive stencil, would be mostly wood with the saying in Parchment.
Apply the decal to the wood sign, removing the positive or negative portion, depending on the look you are wanting. Using a craft knife for removal.
- If using it as a stencil, use a little Parchment paint at a time and stencil brush in a pouncing motion, to stencil saying onto sign.
- If using as a mask, paint over the decal saying using a bristle paint brush and Parchment paint. Try to paint in one direction to prevent the letters from lifting up. Let dry.
- Remove decal. Use a craft knife to clean up the lettering on any areas that the paint may have bled.
- Wrap jute around the bottom of the sign twice, tying into a bow, incorporating part of the oregonia pick.
- Display on an easel or propped against the wall.