Lava Bead Double Strand Bracelet and Earrings
UPC #: 420004024541
- (25) “John Bead” 8mm lava beads (16” strand)
- (24) 6mm dyed round gemstones, in green (16” strand)
- (49) “Dazzle-It!” 8/0 seed beads, in Opaque Black (24 gram tube)
- (Appx 22’’) “Beadalon” .018’’ Bead Stringing Wire (30’ spool)
- (1) “Cousin” 2-strand toggle clasp
- (4) Silver #2 crimp tubes
- (2) Silver earwires
- (2) Silver headpins
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutter
Bracelet Directions (Approx. 7.5")
- Cut an 11’’ piece of stringing wire. Attach the wire to one loop on one side of the toggle, using a crimp tube and the crimper tool. Leave about a 1/2 inch of wire for overlap, for the first couple beads to go over.
- String on nine gemstones, five lava beads, and nine gemstones, with a seed bead in between each one.
- Secure the wire to a loop on the other side of the toggle. String the remaining wire through a few of the last beads before crimping. Trim the excess wire with the nipper.
- Attach another 11” piece of wire to an open loop on the toggle. String on nine lava beads, four gemstones, and nine lava beads, with a seed bead in between each one.
- Secure the wire to the open loop of the other side of the toggle with your last crimp tube. String the remaining wire through a few of the last beads before crimping, and trim the excess wire with the nipper.
- Slide a lava bead, a seed bead, and a green gemstone onto a headpin.
- Using a round-nose pliers, bend the headpin at a 90 degree angle as close to the top bead as possible. Then, move the pliers down the headpin a tiny bit and bend it the other direction so it forms a "stair step." Bending the headpin backwards first helps center the loop around the beads, versus it being off to one side.
- Continue moving down the headpin and bending until you have a circle formed. When it is just about closed, trim the excess headpin with a wire cutter. Then grab the very end of the headpin with the pliers and close the loop.
- Open the loop on the earring form (using a round nose or flat nose pliers), attach the beaded headpin, and close the loop.