Lava Bead Wrap Bracelet
UPC #: 420004024534
- (15) 6mm round Lava beads
- (14) 6mm round gemstones
- (Appx 2 feet) 2mm Black leather cord
- (Appx 8’) Black beading thread
- (1) Collapsible eye needle, size M
- (1) Large decorative shank button
- Strong glue
- Cut two feet of leather cord, and slide the button onto the middle of the cord. Fold the cord in half; you may want to tape each side down so they stay in place. Cut about eight feet of thread, fold it in half and slide that through the button also. Put both ends of the thread through the needle.
- Bring the thread behind the top cord, up and around, behind the bottom cord, and up and around. Repeat a few times in this figure-8 motion.
- When the thread is at the top and behind the top cord, string on a gemstone bead. Hold the bead between the two pieces of cord and pull the remaining thread underneath the bottom cord. Pull the thread around and over the bottom cord, back through the same bead, and underneath the top cord. You are continuing the figure-8 motion but adding a bead as you go.
- Pull the thread over the top cord, through a lava bead, and underneath the bottom cord. Continue as instruction in the previous step. Alternate the lava beads and the gemstone beads.
Note: You will be going through each bead twice with the thread. Whether moving the thread upwards or downwards, you will always be putting it through a bead, then underneath the opposite cord.
- Wrap the remaining thread around both cords a few times at the end, like you did in the beginning. Tie an overhand knot with the cord and the thread. Tie a second knot leaving a hole just large enough to fit the button through. Trim any excess cord, and thread, with the nipper. Glue the knots for extra security.