Leaf String Art Pallet
Project Sheet: cd2017
• Pallet Plaque- NST/496L
• Perle Cotton DMC -Gold Coast #4128
• Leaf Template
1. Print an image of a maple leaf to use as the template.
2. Set template on top of the pallet, pounding nails every 1/2” right into the photo copy, around the image.
3. Tear out the photo copy, leaving just the nails on the pallet.
4. Using the perle cotton, tie a knot around one of the nails leaving a 3” tail, using that as the starting and stopping point.
5. Wrap the thread once around each nail to create and outline.
6. Wrap thread across the image, from nail to nail without any particular pattern. Eventually working your way back to the nail in which you started.
7. Create a finishing outline by wrapping the thread around the tops of each nail. Ending on the nail you started, tie off the perle cotton in a knot along with the 3” tail. Trim off extra and secure knot with a little glue.
8. Hang to display.