MInnesota Love Pallet
Project Sheet: cd1772
• 10x10 Jillibean Pallet
• 2pks of wire brads -Darice
• Sewing thread
• Foam core - optional
1. Print a picture of Minnesota out to fit your pallet.
2. Lay picture on pallet in desired position.
3. Start by nailing a brad in each of the 4 corners to hold it in place.
4. Next print out a heart in the desired shape and size and place somewhere on the state.
5. Use brads and nail along the outline of the heart.
6. Then use brads to make the entire Minnesota outline.
7. When all of the brads have been nailed in, remove the paper. You may need a needle nose pliers to pull out any small bits around the nails.
8. Tie a knot of thread around one of the nails along the MN outline- this is where you’ll be starting from. (Save about a 4” tail of thread)
9. Keeping your thread taught, loop the thread from the MN outline nails to the nails that make the heart. If you want them perfectly spaced count the number of nails you used to outline MN and divide that by the number of nails used to outline the heart. Then you will know that for every one nail in the heart, you must hook onto 8 MN nails for example.
10. Finish off the project by tie a knot with the end piece and the 4” tail that you left behind from the start. Trim ends.
11. To secure brads, run E6000 over the brads that stick out from the back of the pallet.
12. Optional: Cut a piece of foam core to fit inside the back of the pallet to cover brads.