Nail & String Art Painting Panels
Project Sheet: cd1235
• 2- 7x14” Wooden Canvas DON/94
• Maple Wood Stain
• Small Silver Nails
• Yellow Thread or Embroidery Floss
• Foam Core board (optional)
1. Use wood stain to stain both wooden canvases and allow to dry.
2. Using a pencil, draw desired design lightly onto the wooden canvases.
3. Using the small nails, pound a nail into your wooden canvas approx. every ¼” – 3/8” along the lines that you have drawn. (Intersecting lines can share a nail).
4. Using your thread or embroidery floss (you can pull the strings of the embroidery floss apart using however many strings you would like) and tie a knot on to the first nail.
5. Start wrapping the floss back and forth randomly to different nails across the shape, to “fill in” the middle.
6. After you have your shape “filled in” with string to your liking, wrap string from nail to nail to create an outline around your desired shape.
7. Tie off string in a knot on last nail.
8. Repeat with any other shapes on this board and shapes on your other board.