Peppermint Twist Jar
Project Sheet: cd1619
• Wide Mouth Pint Jar-Kerr
• Chalk Paint-FolkArt/White Adirondack
• Paint-Americana/True Red
• Home Decor Wax-FolkArt/Antiquing
• Pine Pick
• Paint Brush
• Mod Podge-Gloss
• Painter’s Tape
1. Remove the band and lid from the top of the jar.
2. Using a paint brush, paint the entire jar with the White Adirondack Chalk Paint. Let dry.
3. Using a paint brush, paint the lid and band using the True Red paint. Let dry.
4. Create the sections using painter’s tape. Wrap around the jar.
5. Using a pint brush, paint between the tape, to create the stripes, using the True Red paint. Let dry.
6. Mix Mod Podge, with a small amount of Antiquing Wax. Rub onto the surface of the jar and the lid/band using a paper towel. Wipe off any excess.
7. Wrap the jute around the band of the jar, tying in a pinecone pick. Tie in a bow.