Photo Glass Cylinders
Project Sheet: cd2067
• 8-1/2” x 11” Cardstock
• Glass Cylinders (6”, 7.5”, 8.75”)
• Tissue Paper- White
• Matte Paper Mod Podge- Plaid
• Small Paint Brush/Foam Brush
• Fall Acorn Pick – Darice (JR-0129)
• Painters Tape
• Craft Knife
1. Cut a piece of tissue paper to measure 10” x 12”. Lay flat on the table.
2. Set the piece of 8-1/2” x 11” piece of cardstock on top of the tissue paper. Fold over the edges to the back, taping with painters tape.
3. Print desired photo in landscape orientation, sized to the cylinder you are covering, onto the tissue paper side of cardstock using either an inkjet or laser printer (a laser printer was used for our sample). Cut the tissue paper away from the cardstock.
4. Using Mod Podge, brush a layer onto surface on the cylinder. Immediately place the tissue paper photo on top of the Mod Podge. Rubbing from the center of the photo outward. If there are areas where the tissue paper is hanging over the edges, let dry and cut away with craft knife.
5. Brush on a layer of Mod Podge over the top of the tissue paper photo to seal and protect.
6. Optional: Embellish cylinder with raffia and pick.