Project Sheet: cd2066
• 12” Metal Lantern
• Chalk Paint (Cinnamon, Cathedral Door)- FolkArt
• Photo Transfer Medium Mod Podge- Plaid
• Matte UV Spray – Krylon
• Candle/LED Candle
• Small Paint Brush/Foam Brush
• Spray Bottle for Water
• Craft Knife
1. Using a laser printer, print/copy photos (approx. 4x6 to fit on glass pane) on copier paper, reversing the image. (The photo will NOT transfer if not printed using a LASER printer.)
2. Remove glass panes from lantern. Paint the entire lantern using Cathedral Door Chalk Paint. Let dry.
3. Dry brush, using very little Cinnamon Chalk Paint on your brush, over the coat of Cathedral Door. Let dry.
4. Apply a photo to each glass pane, following the instructions on the photo transfer medium. Let sit overnight. We wanted to have some of the glass pane showing, so we only applied the medium to the people and not the background.
5. To remove the paper from photos, spray with water. Gently use your fingers to rub off the paper. You may need to re-wet the paper a couple of times. Take caution in not rubbing too hard, as it will remove the image completely. Let dry completely. (It may still look white from the paper.)
6. Once completely dry, take a craft knife to cut in around your image for a cleaner edge.
7. Spray the glass panes using UV Resistant Clear Matte Spray. This will bring out the color in the photo and make the glass look frosted. Let dry.
8. Insert glass panes into lantern. Add a candle and tie a raffia bow on top of lantern.