Photo Transfer Birch Disc Wreath
Project Sheet: cd2041
• 18” Birch Stick Wreath- Darice
• 8” Birch Disc (1 Side Sanded)
• (3) Fall Leaves Pick
• Screw Eyes- Darice
• Curly Raffia- Darice
• 28 Gauge Green Wire Paddle- Darice
• Matte Gel- Liquitex
• Matte Acrylic Spray- Krylon
• Glue Gun/Glue Sticks
• Spray Bottle with Water
1. Print a photo on a LASER printer to measure 8” x 8”, reversing image. (It will not work if you do not print on a laser printer.)
2. Turn the sanded side of the birch disc face down on top of the photo. Trace around using a pencil. Cut out the image using a scissors.
3. Apply a layer of the Matte Gel Medium onto the image, making sure not to get any on the back side of the paper.
4. Turn photo face down on top of the sanded side of the birch disc. Smooth out, making sure there are no bubbles. Let set overnight.
5. Using a spray bottle with water in it, spray the paper/photo until it is completely wet. Using your fingers, gently rub until you remove the paper from the image. (Do not rub too hard or you will rub off the photos). Repeat with the water bottle until all the white paper remnants are removed.
6. Spray a coat of the Matte Acrylic, sealing the photo and sharpen the color.
7. Apply two screw eyes into the back of the birch disc. Thread the wire through the screw eyes, and around the wreath. Twist wire to keep the birch disc attached to the wreath.
8. Tie a bow using the curly raffia. Adhere to the birch disc using a glue gun.
9. Using the leaf picks, pull them apart, adhering to the wreath around the raffia bow.
10. Using a scissors cut the long tails of the raffia bow to the length desired.