Photo Transfer Pallet Plaque
Project Sheet: cd2789
UPC #: 420004016942
- Wall Art Plaque w/ Jute Hanger - HMD/279
- Gel Medium (Matte) - Liquitex
- Foam Brush
- Spray Bottle of Water
- UV Resistant Spray (Matte) - Krylon
- Crochet Lace - Morex
- Paper Trimmer
- Remove jute hanger from plaque and discard.
- Print a reversed image, using a laser printer to fit the size of the plaque (approx. 7x7, on regular copy paper. (It must be a laser printer, or it will not work)
- Cut image to fit the four slats of the plaque. Each slat varies slightly so be sure to measure the height of each slat. Optional- number the photo strips on backside of photo for placement.
- Using your foam brush, brush on a layer of Matte Gel to the image, working with a strip/slat at a time. Place face down on the plaque, starting with the top slat (the one with the two holes). Smoothing out any air bubbles.
- Repeat step four, until all four slats are covered. Let sit over night.
- Spray plaque with water, working on one slat at a time. Gently rub with your fingers to remove the paper backing from the image. Be careful not to rub too hard, or it will remove the image as well.
- Continue to rub until the paper is removed, respraying with water as needed. For our sample, we went over it three times, to remove the paper. Let dry.
- Spray with UV Resistant to make the image more vibrant. Let dry.
- String lace through holes in top slat tying into a bow.