Pinata Birthday Smash Card
Project Sheet: CCEM2017-1
- 11 x 4 1/4 Tropical Sea colors by My Colors
- 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 White Cardstock
- 4 1/4 x 1 Beetle Black Swiss Dot paper by Doodlebug
- Year 7 (piñata) Stamp & Die by Lawn Fawn
- Copics: Y32, Y35, BG10, BG11, BG32, BG34, BG45, BG49
- Scattered Straw Distress Ink by Ranger
- Swimming Pool Sequins by Doodlebug
- Black Twine by Darice
- Fine Tip Glue
- Ink Blending Tool by Ranger
- Black Memento Ink by Tsukineko
- Die cut machine
1. Adhere strip of black polka dot paper to the bottom of the card front.
2. Use ink blending tool to apply Scattered Straw ink to the center of the white cardstock piece. Start in the middle of the piece, and blend outward toward the edges. Keep re-applying more ink until you get the color you desire.
3. Stamp candies onto the inked cardstock using Scattered Straw ink.
4. Use black ink to stamp saying toward the bottom of the white cardstock.
5. Stamp piñata onto scrap of white cardstock using black Memento ink (you must use this ink when coloring with Copics). Cut out the piñata using coordinating die and a die cut machine.
6. Use Copic markers to color in the piñata. (BG10&11 for the face, BG32&34 for the middle, BG45 & 49 for the bottom, and the yellows for the face and feet).
7. Cut a small piece of black twine, and tie a small bow toward the top. Use a small bit of blue to adhere the bow toward the top of the stamped cardstock piece. Apply a pop dot to the back of the cut out piñata , and adhere to the center of the cardstock, securing the other end of the twine with the pop dot.
8. Adhere sequins around the piñata using fine tip glue.