Pint Jar With Fish Netting
Project Sheet: cd1895
• Pint Jar
• Natural Sand
• Jute- 3 Ply
• Fish Net
• Shell Mix
• E6000 Adhesive
• Wood Rectangle Plaque
• Iron Rust Hook
• Chalk Paint-FolkArt (Patina and Sheepskin)
• Home Decor Wax-FolkArt (Antiquing)
• Paint Brush
1. Wrap the jar in the fish net, adhering on the back side of the jar using E6000 adhesive. Let the net hang longer than the jar on the top and the bottom.
2. Wrap the mouth of the jar using the jute, covering the netting. Adhere the ends of the jute using E6000 adhesive.
3. Using the E6000 adhesive, adhere the netting to the bottom of the jar as well. Let dry.
4. Using wire, wrap around the jar just under the ridge of the mouth. Create a hanger, in which the jar will hang from.
5. Use E6000 to adhere the small shells to the top of the jute.
6. Place sand in the jar, about 1/3 of the jar full. Set in some small shells and a tea light candle.
7. Paint the wood plaque using the Sheepskin Chalk Paint. Let dry.
8. Using a VERY dry brush, with only a small amount of paint on the tips of the brush, lightly run over the top of the wood plaque. Let dry.
9. Using a VERY dry brush, with only a small amount of antiquing wax on the tips of the brush, lightly run over the top of the wood plaque. Let dry.
10. Use a screwdriver and screws to attach the hook to the plaque.
11. Hang the beach themed jar from the hook.