Pumpkin 15x15 Frame
Project Sheet: cd1986
• 15 x 15 Black Frame
• 9” Pumpkin MDF Cutout
• Chalk Paint-FolkArt (Monarch, Java)
• Paint Brush
• Clear Chalkboard Spray Paint-Krylon
• Maple Leaf Rustic Tin Shapes – Darice
• Cheese Cloth
• E6000 Adhesive
1. Remove the hardware and the glass from the frame. Set aside.
2. Using the Java Chalk Paint, paint the surface of the frame, and the wood pumpkin cutout. Let dry.
3. Using the Clear Chalkboard Spray Paint, spray the front of the frame. Let dry.
4. Using the Monarch Chalk Paint, paint a layer of paint over the top of the Java Chalk Paint on the pumpkin. Let the Monarch Chalk Paint dry ALMOST completely. Using a wet piece of cheese cloth, rub along the edges and face of the pumpkin until the Java Chalk Paint starts to peak through.
5. Adhere the tin maple leaf to the front of the pumpkin using E6000 Adhesive. Let dry.
6. Using the raffia, tie a bow around the stem of the pumpkin.
7. Adhere the pumpkin to the left of the photo opening using E6000 Adhesive.
8. Using a piece of white chalk, turn it on its side to “season” the frame. Rub it along the whole face of the frame and erase.
9. Use the end of this same piece of chalk to draw a border around the frame, as well as adding title to the frame.
10. Replace the glass and hardware on the frame.
11. Add photo to the frame.