Pumpkin Pallet String Art
Project Sheet: cd2050
UPC #: 420004010469
• Pallet Plaque (KID/70)
• 1in 17 Gauge Wire Brads- Darice
• Sisal Wire- Darice
• Pearl Cotton Skein -DMC #3011
• Pearl Cotton Skein - DMC #922 (qty. 2)
• Chalk Paint- FolkArt (Sheepskin)
• Paint Brush
• E6000 Adhesive
• Image to use as guide
1. Paint the surface of the unfinished wooden plaque using the Sheepskin Chalk Paint. Let dry.
2. Print an image in the size that you wish. Place it on the front of the plaque, hammering the wire brads into the outline of the image. Once all the wire brads are hammered in, pull the paper off.
3. Using the orange pearl cotton thread, start at one nail tying it into a knot and wrap around the wire brads in no particular order.
4. Wrap around the brads at the end to outline the shape. Tie off and apply a dab of glue to the knot to secure.
5. Using the green pearl cotton thread, start at one nail tying it into a knot and wrap around the stem of the pumpkin in no particular order.
6. Wrap the green thread around the brads at the end to outline the shape. Tie off and apply a dab of glue to the knot to secure.
7. Cut a piece of sisal wire. Wrap around a pencil to make it curly, then bend and adhere by the stem using E6000 Adhesive. Let dry.
8. Shorten the wire on the plaque. Wrap the sisal wire around the wire.