Sage Shine Necklace & Earrings
- ( 7) “Darice” 6mm Glass Pearls, in Grey Green (12’’ strand)
- ( 12) “Darice” 4mm Glass Pearls, in Grey Green (12’’ strand)
- (12) ”Venezia” 4x6mm Rondelle Crystals, in Transparent Metallic Green (7’’ strand)
- (12) “Darice: Jewelry Designer” 4mm Metal Flower Spacer Beads (31 piece pack)
- (Appx 1/3 tube) “Dazzle-It!” 6/0 e-beads, in Silver-Lined Crystal (24 gram tube)
- (Appx 22'') “Beadalon” or .024’’ Bead stringing wire (30 foot spool)
- (2) Silver #3 crimp tubes
- (1) Silver clasp and split ring
- (2) Silver earwires
- (2) Silver headpins
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutter
Cut a 22’’ piece of stringing wire. Attach the clasp to the wire, using a crimp tube and the crimper tool. Leave about a 1/2 inch of wire for overlap, for the first couple beads to go over.
String on about 6’’ worth of e-beads. Then, string on a 4mm pearl, a crystal rondelle, a spacer, a 6mm pearl, a spacer, a crystal rondelle, a 4mm pearl, and three e-beads. Repeat four times. End with another 6’’ of e-beads.
- Attach the split ring to the end with the second crimp tube. String the remaining wire through a few of the last beads before crimping. Trim the excess wire with the nipper.
Slide a 6mm pearl, a spacer, a crystal rondelle, and a 4mm pearl onto a headpin.
Using a round-nose pliers, bend the headpin at a 90 degree angle as close to the top bead as possible. Then, move the pliers down the headpin a tiny bit and bend it the other direction so it forms a "stair step." Bending the headpin backwards first helps center the loop around the beads, versus it being off to one side.
Continue moving down the headpin and bending until you have a circle formed. When it is just about closed, trim the excess headpin with a wire cutter. Then grab the very end of the headpin with the pliers and close the loop.
Open the loop on the earring form (using a round nose or flat nose pliers), attach the beaded headpin, and close the loop.