Snowdrift Suede Necklace
• (Appx 20’’) “Darice: Craft Designer” suede cording, in Blue (3 yard spool)
• (1) “Beadalon” 16mm silver, solid twist ring (10 piece pack)
• (1) “Beadalon” 10mm silver, solid twist ring (14 piece pack)
• Assorted beads in blues, silver, and white
• (5-7) Silver head pins
• (5-7) 6mm silver jump rings
• (2) 4mm silver jump rings
• (2) “Fundamental Findings” silver foldover cord ends (32 piece pack)
• (1) “Cousin: Jewelry Basics” small, silver toggle clasp
• Flat nose or chain nose pliers
• Round nose pliers
1) Cut a 20’’ piece of suede. Fold it in half and put the fold through both of the twisted rings. Pull the ends of the suede through the fold and pull tight, so that the rings are held together.
2) Create 5-7 beaded headpins of varying lengths, using any combination of beads. Make wrapped loops on the top of each headpin.
Visit www.artbeads.com/howtomawrlo.htm or see the image below.
3) Connect all of the headpins to the larger twisted ring using the 6mm jump rings.
4) Attach each end of the toggle clasp to the foldover cord ends, using the 4mm jump rings.
5) Put a dab of glue into each cord end, and place the ends of the suede in it. Using a flat nose or chain nose pliers, squish down one side of the cord end, then the other. Let dry.