Thankful Collage Frame
Project Sheet: cd2048
• MDF Collage Frame – LFA/743
• Carta Bella : Fall Blessings
- Paper (Autumn Trees, Autumn Day, 3x4 Cards, Arrows, Apples)
- Element Stickers
• 5x7 Wood Chippendale Frame
• Phrase Stickers-Imaginisce: Give Thanks
• Vinyl- Thankful –Decorating Your Life
• (2) 6” Wood Oak Leaf
• Acrylic Paint- Americana (Raw Umber)
• Chalky Finish Spray Paint- Krylon (Wheat)
• Chalky Finish Wax Spray- Krylon (Dark Brown)
• Matte Paper Mod Podge- Plaid
• E6000 Adhesive
• Paint Brush
• Foam Squares
• Paper Trimmer
• Velcro Strips
• Jute (2-ply)
1. Remove the glass and backing from both frames. Set aside.
2. Spray the surface of the frames using the Wheat Chalky Finish Spray Paint. Let dry.
3. Spray the surface of the collage frame with Chalky Finish Wax Spray, buff using cheesecloth.
4. Use the insert sheet as the guide for where you need photos and paper leaving the center one empty. Cut paper to size, adhere photos and paper to the insert. Embellish some with stickers, leaving some to embellish the glass.
5. Turn the 5x7 frame face down on the back side of the wood grain paper. Trace around the outer edge of the frame and opening using a pencil. Cut it out using a scissors. Adhere to the front of the frame using Matte Paper Mod Podge. Let dry.
6. Sand the edges of the 5x7 frame using a piece of sandpaper. Apply the vinyl to the front, following the instructions on vinyl packaging. Wrap the frame using jute, tying into a bow in the front.
7. Cut a piece of paper to 5x7, adhere a cropped photo to this paper, insert into wood frame, along with glass and backing.
8. Cut the velcro strips in half, adhering to the back of the frame, and then placing in the center on the front side of the collage frame.
9. Paint the edges of the oak leaf pieces using the Raw Umber Acrylic Paint. Let dry.
10. Place face down on the back side of the yellow patterned paper. Trace around using a pencil. Cut out using a scissors. Adhere the paper to the front of the oak leaves using Matte Paper Mod Podge. Let dry.
11. Use a piece of sandpaper to sand the edges of the oak leaves. Adhere to the frame using E6000 Adhesive. Let dry.
12. Insert glass, paper insert w/photos and backing into the collage frame.
13. Apply stickers to the glass using foam squares.