Tissue Paper Photo Glass Block
Project Sheet: cd1992
• Wavy Glass Block (ZKM/2)
• Tint It-Design Master (Mango)
• Paper-Authentique/Devoted (Pawprint)
• Oak Home Decor Leaves- SPC
• Matte Paper Mod Podge- Plaid
• Paper Trimmer
• Lights-White Bulbs
• Jute Ribbon- Morex
• E6000 Adhesive
• Foam Brush
Supplies for Printing Photo:
• Tissue Paper
• Ink-jet or Laser Printer
• Scotch Tape
• 8-1/2” x 11” Cardstock
Directions For printing Photo:
1. Cut a piece of tissue paper to measure 10” x 13”. Lay flat on the table.
2. Place the piece of cardstock on top of the tissue paper. Wrap tissue around the back side of the cardstock, adhering all sides with scotch tape.
3. Print photo onto the tissue paper using your printer. A Laser printer was used for our sample.
4. Cut the tissue paper picture to measure 6” x 6”.
Instructions for Glass Block:
1. Cut a piece of scratch paper to measure 6” x 6”. Adhere with a piece of tape to the front of the glass block.
2. Using the Mango Tint-It, spray the entire glass block. Let dry.
3. Remove the piece of 6” x 6” paper from the front of the glass block. Apply a layer of the Mod Podge using a foam brush. Place the tissue paper photo on top of the Mod Podge. Smooth it out.
4. Using the foam brush, brush on a layer of Mod Podge over the top of the photo.
5. Using the paper trimmer, cut the wood-grain piece of paper to measure 6-3/4” x 6-3/4”. Cut out the inside of this piece to leave a 3/4” border. Adhere as a frame around the tissue paper photo, using Mod Podge.
6. Add lights to the inside of the glass block.
7. Wrap the base of the glass block with jute ribbon, creating a bow for the front.
8. Adhere the oak leaves into the jute ribbon using E6000 Adhesive.
9. Plug in and display the glass block.