Unicorn 5x5 Tile
Project Sheet: cd2940
UPC #: 420004019110
- 5x5 Tile w/ Holes - NST/190
- Acrylic Paint (Winter White) - FolkArt
- Foam Sheets (White, Pink)
- Embroidery Floss (Metallic Gold) - DMC
- Mini Distressed Ink Pad (Tattered Rose) - Ranger
- Mini Daisy Bush
- Adhesive Lines - Nicole
- Paint Brush/Foam Brush
- Round Foam Brush or Stencil Brush
- Template for Ears & Horn Download here
- Command Strip or Easel
- Paint the entire tile Winter White, let dry. Apply a second coat if needed.
- Print the template for the ears and horn, available here. Then cut out on the outer edge of black line.
- Using a pen, trace the horn and outer ear on the white foam sheet and the inner ear on pink foam. Tracing the ear pieces twice and cut out all shapes.
- Staring on backside, wrap horn at an angle with metallic floss. You made need to cut in to the foam a bit more on the foam scallops to hold floss in place. Secure floss on backside with adhesive lines, trimming excess floss.
- Adhere the inner ears to the outer ears using adhesive lines.
- Using adhesive lines, adhere the horn to the backside of the tile at the top, between the two holes. Then adhere the ears to the front side of the tile, angled out from each of the holes.
- Remove 5-7 daisy heads from bush, also removing green cap on back of heads. Cut three leaves from bush, as well. Adhere the leaves to the tile below/in between the ears. Adhere the flowers in a cluster between the ears, using adhesive lines.
- Apply the vinyl eyelashes to the tile, following instructions on vinyl packaging.
- Add cheeks to the tile/unicorn by taking stencil brush/round foam brush to the ink pad directly and pouncing/working in circular motion on the tile, re-applying ink to brush as needed. For cheek placement see photo for reference.
- Display using Command Strip or Easel.