Washi Tape Pallet Sign
Project Sheet: cd1774
• Pallet Plaque KID/70
• Glitter Blast-Krylon/Golden Glow
• Burlap Flower-Canvas Corp/Ivory
• Washi Tape-Hazel & Ruby/8” Golden Dots and 4” Teal
• White Velcro Sticky Squares
• Metallic Acrylic Paint-DecoArt/Glorious Gold
• 1/8 yard desired fabric
• Flowers-Prima/Hula Ohau
• Foam Brush
• Razor Blade/Craft Knife
• Chalk Paint-FolkArt/Sheepskin
1. Remove the hardware, backing and glass from the small frame. Paint using the Sheepskin Chalk Paint. Let dry.
2. Cover each slat of the pallet plaque with the teal 4” washi tape. Use your razor blade or craft knife to trim away the excess tape from each slat.
3. Cover the frame with the 8” golden dots washi tape. Use your razor blade or craft knife to trim away any excess tape from the frame.
4. Place the glass, photo and backing into the small frame. Adhere the small frame to the pallet plaque using velcro sticky squares.
5. Paint the edges of the pallet plaque with a foam brush and the Glorious Gold Metallic Acrylic Paint. Let dry.
6. In a well ventilated area, spray the ivory burlap flower using the Golden Glow Glitter Blast spray paint. Let dry.
7. At the fold of the fabric, use your scissors to cut a slit every 1-2 inches. At those slits, tear your fabric to give it a frayed look. Tie the strips onto the left side of the wire hanger. Trim the ends at random lengths.
8. Adhere the burlap flower to the top of the fabric strips using E6000 adhesive. Place the Hula Ohau flower in the center of the burlap flower using E6000 adhesive. Let dry.