Woodland Animal Blocks
Project Sheet: cd1854
• (6) 3.5” Wood Blocks –SCH/247
• Wood Burning Tool
• Transfer/Graphite Paper
• Pattern/Design To Transfer
• Paint brush
• Folkart Acrylic Paint: Linen, White, Greenscape, Mushroom, Coffee Bean, Burnt Sienna, Black, Raw Umber, Raw Sienna
• Ceramcoat Gloss Varnish
1. Print out or make a copy of the pattern or image you wish to wood burn.
2. Using a pencil and graphite paper, trace the pattern onto your wood surface.
3. Paint your design. Make sure you can still see the lines from graphite paper, don’t paint over them. Let dry.
4. Wood burn your wood surface by following the lines from the graphite paper. Start with outlining the pattern/image, and then shade after the outline is completed. Add the detailed burning last.
*TIP: Let your wood burning tool cool down completely before changing to a different point.
5. Add a layer of varnish to the top and sides of your wood surface to protect it.