Zipper Pocket Caddy
Project Sheet: cd1034
• Coats Fashion Zipper, 7" Closed End
• Dual Duty XP general purpose thread
• Eclectic Elements by Tim Holtz
-Dictionary Fat Quarter
-Measurements Fat Quarter
1. Cutting: Cut 3 rectangles from the newsprint fabric in these sizes:
-2 1/2" x 8" top front
-7 1/2" x 8" lower front
-10" x 8" - back- cut 2
From the tape measure fabric cut:
-7 1/2" x 8" pocket
2. Press 1/4" to the wrong side on one of the long sides of the pocket pieces. Fold 1" to the wrong side. Press in place. Top stitch pocket 1" from top folded edge.
3. Draw a line with chalk down the middle of the pocket.
4. Place pocket right side up on the front lower piece of the fabric, aligning raw edges. Pin in place.
5. Machine-baste around the pocket 1/4" from the edge of the fabric. Return machine to a regular stitch length. Stitch the marked line on the pocket, back stitching and the beginning and end of line.
6. Press 1/2" to wrong side on one of the long sides of the top front and the long edge opposite the pocket on the lower front piece.
7. Place the folded edge of the top piece beside the zipper, 1/4" from the zipper teeth. Pin. Using the zipper foot, stitch along the folded edge. Repeat for the other side of the zipper with the lower front.
8. Place the two backs, wrong sides together. Machine baste around the edges.
9. Unzip the zipper several inches. Pin the front and back right sides together. Stitch around all four sides using a 1/2 seam allowance. Clip corners diagonally.
10. Turn to the right side through the zipper opening. Press.